This is one of the most insulting things that I have ever seen, it makes me so mad I actually want to cry. I can’t believe magazines think that they can just dip a woman in brown paint, give her clothes from my culture to put on for a couple hours and then have audacity to call her an “African Queen”. Growing up I heard every joke about Africans and saw the negative stereotypes portrayed by the media that tried to make me feel so bad about where I come from. Yet Ive noticed when fashion magazine want to do spreads portraying poise and exoticness they often turn to Africa ( and many other foreign continents/nations) proving time and again that Africa is more than the negative images you see in the media) but this time, to try and take parts of my beautiful culture just to have white women play the role of an “African Queen” proves that beauty cannot be seen in our countries/cultures unless it is represented by White people.
Halloween just wouldn’t be the same without Tim Burton
(From top to bottom: Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Corpse Bride, Alice in Wonderland, Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands, Sweeny Todd, Dark Shadows, Frankenweenie)
|—||Philip K. Dick (via cleverdistraction)|
Thank you kindly for asking me :)
- 200:My crush’s name is: RMA
- 199:I was born in: 1994
- 198:I am really: Neurotic, sensitive, difficult, lonely, isolated, sad.
- 197:My cellphone company is: …I don’t know.
- 196:My eye color is: Blue
- 195:My shoe size is: 8-9
- 194:My ring size is: S or J (?)
- 193:My height is: 173cm
- 192:I am allergic to: White people
- 191:My 1st car was: N/A
- 190:My 1st job was: Video store girl
- 189:Last book you read: Probably for uni, pretty shameful.
- 188:My bed is: Unkempt
- 187:My pet: Morticia
- 186:My best friend: I’ve been feeling friendless lately.
- 185:My favourite shampoo is: Tresemme
- 184:Xbox or ps3: I don’t play either.
- 183:Piggy banks are: Archaic but charming.
- 182:In my pockets: I don’t have any.
- 181:On my calendar: “Clean room”, “Sort through clothes”, “Finish presentation”, “Work on Aubrey and Graham”.
- 180:Marriage is: A dated and needless institution.
- 179:Spongebob can: continue to entertain stoned centrals kids for decade after decade.
- 178:My mom: Is a troubled but fierce lady.
- 177:The last three songs I bought were: We’re in the golden age of piracy, why would I buy a song? Out of pure integrity? Lol, unlikely. The last songs I’ve downloaded were ‘They Don’t Need to Understand’ by Andy Black, ‘Asshole’ by Ronnie Radke, and ‘Shine’ by Muse…although Matthew Bellamy does deserve my money.
- 176:Last YouTube video watched: ‘Fan of Dr. Who’ by the Chaser’s War on Everything.
- 175:How many cousins do you have? Three first cousins, countless distant cousins.
- 174:Do you have any siblings? Yes, one.
- 173:Are your parents divorced? Recently separated.
- 172:Are you taller than your mum? Yes.
- 171:Do you play an instrument? No.
- 170:What did you do yesterday? Writhed around in pain, wallowed in sadness.
- [ I Believe In ]
- 169:Love at first sight: No, but I believe in instant attraction.
- 168:Luck: Sometimes it feels like I’m having a particularly awful or fortunate day but I think it’s just confirmation bias.
- 167:Fate: No.
- 166:Yourself: I have a sort of shaken, unsteady faith in myself.
- 165:Aliens: No.
- 164:Heaven: No.
- 163:Hell: No.
- 162:God: No.
- 161:Horoscopes: No.
- 160:Soul mates: No.
- 159:Ghosts: Undecided.
- 158:Gay Marriage: Yes.
- 157:War: No.
- 156:Orbs: No.
- 155:Magic: Sometimes.
- [ This or That ]
- 154:Hugs or Kisses: Kisses.
- 153:Drunk or High: High.
- 152:Phone or Online: Online.
- 151:Red heads or Black haired: Black hair.
- 150:Blondes or Brunettes: Brunettes.
- 149:Hot or cold: Hot.
- 148:Summer or winter: Winter.
- 147:Autumn or Spring: Spring.
- 146:Chocolate or vanilla: Vanilla.
- 145:Night or Day: Night.
- 144:Oranges or Apples: Apples.
- 143:Curly or Straight hair: Curly.
- 142:McDonalds or Burger King: HJs.
- 141:White Chocolate or Milk Chocolate: Milk.
- 140:Mac or PC: Mac.
- 139:Flip flops or high heels: Thongs.
- 138:Ugly and rich OR sweet and poor: Are physical ugliness and kindness mutually exclusive or…?
- 137:Coke or Pepsi: Coke
- 136:Hillary or Obama: I’m not American,
- 135:Buried or cremated: Buried.
- 134:Singing or Dancing: Singing.
- 133:Coach or Chanel: Chanel?
- 132:Kat McPhee or Taylor Hicks: Now you’re just making things up.
- 131:Small town or Big city: Big city.
- 130:Wal-Mart or Target: Target.
- 129:Ben Stiller or Adam Sandler: I fucking hate them both, but I probably hate Adam Sandler more.
- 128:Manicure or Pedicure: Manicure.
- 127:East Coast or West Coast: West?
- 126:Your Birthday or Christmas: My birthday, because it’s all about me.
- 125:Chocolate or Flowers: Flowers.
- 124:Disney or Six Flags: Disney (what’s Six Flags?)
- 123:Yankees or Red Sox: I wonder if this quiz was written by an American ?????? mystery
- [ Here’s What I Think About ]
- 122:War: Exploitation of civilians by those in power.
- 121:George Bush: Dim-witted bigot.
- 120:Gay Marriage: People of all backgrounds should be given equal rights and opportunities. No social group should enjoy privilege that others are denied.
- 119:The presidential election: Doesn’t affect me.
- 118:Abortion: Pro-choice.
- 117:MySpace: Retro.
- 116:Reality TV: Sensationalised human shame, lazy studio execs and television writers reaping millions from half-baked ideas.
- 115:Parents: Just people, flawed and unstable as anyone else.
- 114:Back stabbers: I love them. How the hell am I supposed to respond to this?
- 113:Ebay: Fantastic.
- 112:Facebook: Excruciatingly dull.
- 111:Work: Nearly drove me insane.
- 110:My Neighbors: Yobbos.
- 109:Gas Prices: Not relevant to me, I don’t even have my license.
- 108:Designer Clothes: Overpriced and worn for the novelty.
- 107:College: I’m enjoying it.
- 106:Sports: Never really interested me.
- 105:My family: A nest of self-serving, finger-pointing vipers.
- 104:The future: Uncertain.
- [ Last time I ]
- 103:Hugged someone: Tonight, my mum.
- 102:Last time you ate: About an hour ago.
- 101:Saw someone I haven’t seen in awhile: When I stopped by my old workplace.
- 100:Cried in front of someone: Tonight, in front of my mum.
- 99:Went to a movie theater: To see ‘The Hobbit’ with my dad.
- 98:Took a vacation: Never.
- 97:Swam in a pool: Invasion Day this year.
- 96:Changed a diaper: …never.
- 95:Got my nails done: 2012.
- 94:Went to a wedding: My uncle’s, a couple of years ago.
- 93:Broke a bone: Never.
- 92:Got a peircing: My bellybutton, 2011.
- 91:Broke the law: Last night, I had an extremely incriminating cone!!!!1!1!1
- 90:Texted: About ten minutes ago.
- [ MISC ]
- 89:Who makes you laugh the most: I probably laugh at my own jokes the hardest.
- 88:Something I will really miss when I leave home is: The animals and the dysfunctional dynamic between my mum and I.
- 87:The last movie I saw: Rewatched ‘The Orphan’.
- 86:The thing that I’m looking forward to the most: Graduating and travelling.
- 85:The thing im not looking forward to: Tomorrow.
- 84:People call me: All sorts of things.
- 83:The most difficult thing to do is: Start doing it.
- 82:I have gotten a speeding ticket: Nope.
- 81:My zodiac sign is: Scorpio.
- 80:The first person i talked to today was: My mum.
- 78:The one person who i can’t hide things from: No-one, I could probably hide forever if I needed to.
- 77:Last time someone said something you were thinking: When my dad and I met up and hugged and we both said “You feel too skinny” at the same time.
- 76:Right now I am talking to: No-one and I doubt anyone will read this.
- 75:What are you going to do when you grow up: Hopefully become an accomplished writer, find a beautiful apartment in London, travel, and own many cats.
- 74:I have/will get a job: As a fairy at the Pickled Fairy.
- 73:Tomorrow: I have to do a presentation.
- 72:Today: I feel like I’m falling apart.
- 71:Next Summer: I’m not going to let the days slip through my fingers.
- 70:Next Weekend: A dear friend’s birthday party.
- 69:I have these pets: Two cats, two dogs, a lingering existential sadness that follows me everywhere.
- 68:The worst sound in the world: Children wailing, unkind words, rejection.
- 67:The person that makes me cry the most is: My sister and my girlfriend
- 66:People that make you happy: My gf, Bret McKenzie.
- 65:Last time I cried: A couple of hours ago.
- 64:My friends are: Fair-weather.
- 63:My computer is: Filthy.
- 62:My School: Actually great.
- 61:My Car: Stop asking about my imaginary car.
- 60:I lose all respect for people who: Are unwilling to learn from their problematic behaviour or don’t like cats.
- 59:The movie I cried at was: ‘Corpse Bride’ makes me cry every time.
- 58:Your hair color is: Sandy/dark blonde.
- 57:TV shows you watch: Flight of the Conchords, Facejacker/Fonejacker, Sirens, Privates, Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23, Daria, South Park, the Chasers, the Addams Family, Black Books, the IT Crowd, the Mighty Boosh, Coupling, Elementary, Hannibal, Lip Service, Merlin, Skins, Summer Heighs High and J’aime.
- 56:Favorite web site: Tumblr
- 55:Your dream vacation: The UK, Scandinavia, or New Zealand
- 54:The worst pain I was ever in was: Migraines and period cramps, losing Sean.
- 53:How do you like your steak cooked: Well done.
- 52:My room is: A horrid mess I don’t even want to think about.
- 51:My favorite celebrity is: Katie McGrath and Bret McKenzie.
- 50:Where would you like to be: Somewhere being held by someone who loves me.
- 49:Do you want children: No.
- 48:Ever been in love: Yes.
- 47:Who’s your best friend: Already asked.
- 46:More guy friends or girl friends: Girl friends.
- 45:One thing that makes you feel great is: Knowing that my writing has affected someone.
- 44:One person that you wish you could see right now: Her tbh
- 43:Do you have a 5 year plan: No?
- 42:Have you made a list of things to do before you die: A loose, ever-changing mental list.
- 41:Have you pre-named your children: I thought I said I didn’t want any, you turkey.
- 40:Last person I got mad at: This TJ Lane guy.
- 39:I would like to move to: Norway, Idk
- 38:I wish I was a
- [ My Favorites ]
- 37:Candy: Any chocolate with cookies and cream or peanut butter, or sour candy.
- 36:Vehicle: -
- 35:President: Do Americans realise that people exist outside of America or…?
- 34:State visited: I haven’t left this one.
- 33:Cellphone provider: Internet Service Providings
- 32:Athlete: -
- 31:Actor: Bret McKenzie
- 30:Actress: Katie McGrath
- 29:Singer: Matthew Bellamy/Robert Smith
- 28:Band: Muse, Placebo, the Cure, Escape the Fate, Sleeping with Sirens, Falling in Reverse, 30 Seconds to Mars
- 27:Clothing store: Thrift stores, Ally, DressLink, ChicaBooti
- 26:Grocery store: The Spud Shed is probably the cheapest and most ethical even though being there depresses me.
- 25:TV show: Probably the IT Crowd/Black Books.
- 24:Movie: Anything by Tim Burton
- 23:Website: Already answered
- 22:Animal: Cats or bunnies
- 21:Theme park: -
- 20:Holiday: Summer
- 19:Sport to watch: -
- 18:Sport to play: Sleeping
- 17:Magazine: -
- 16:Authors: Lemony Snicket, Oscar Wilde, J RR Tolkien, George RR Martin,
- 15:Day of the week: Any day I don’t have to do anything
- 14:Beach: Rockingham foreshore
- 13:Concert attended: The Cure
- 12:Thing to cook: Pasta
- 11:Food: Vanilla milk, hamburgers, salt and vinegar crisps or crackers, pizza shapes, pulpy juice, avacado, pesto sauce, spaghetti, stone fruit, strawberries.
- 10:Restaurant: Anything on the beach front.
- 9:Radio station: I don’t listen to the radio.
- 8:Yankee candle scent: ??? None
- 7:Perfume: English Rose, spices, musks, vanillas, amber, floral notes
- 6:Flower: Roses
- 5:Color: Pastels, neutrals, and regal colours
- 4:Talk show host: -
- 3:Comedian: The Conchords, Dylan Moran
- 2:Dog breed: Greyhounds, German Shepherds, Great Danes, American Pitbulls
- 1:did you answer all these truthfully ? You may never know.
OKAY. OKAY. WHAT THE UNHOLY HELL. OH GOD I’M SO MAD. HANG ON LOOK, KEEP READING THIS AND I PROMISE I’LL BE MORE CALM.
In 2012, a 17-year-old boy named T.J. Lane killed three fellow classmates in a school shooting, and was sentenced to life in jail. But wait, that’s not the worst part. This kid pulled a few nasty stunts to really show how much of a pathetic monstrosity he is. In the courtroom during his trial, he took off his more formal clothing to reveal a white undershirt with the word “KILLER” crudely written on it. He was smiling and laughing while the case progressed through the day. And to top it off, when he was finally sentenced [to life in prison], he turned to the families of the victims he killed, and said, “This hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory. F—- all of you,” before flicking them off. As if this sick waste of human life couldn’t get any more disgusting.
AND NOW, FOR THE DAMN KICKER: This vile animal has somehow managed to fucking escape prison with a fellow inmate, and is currently on the run. I urge any and all of you to spread this info around and be fully aware of the tragedy this vermin has caused. He must be found and apprehended as soon as possible, and if I’ve made anyone more aware, I’ve helped this cause.
I WANT HIM OFF THE STREETS AND AWAY FROM EVERY OTHER HUMAN BEING. YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW INFURIATED I AM. I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY OBSCENE LANGUAGE BUT I’M PISSED OFF AT THE AMERICAN JUSTICE SYSTEM AND THIS IS ONLY ANOTHER NAIL IN THE COFFIN.
he still breathing meanwhile Mike Brown is dead.
He is still breathing while thousands of innocent/unarmed/guiltless black people are deceased.
He’s trash and the fact that some weird ass people are fans over him is fucking disgusting.
|—||six word story (via shutupnanase)|
if you don’t recognize trans women as real women and trans men as real men get the fuck away from me
Salon de charmantes Robe
For reserve until September 12th. 38,880円
BUT SERIOUSLY… If you’re fat, you can still wear whatever you want.
You can still wear:
Attention grabbing outfits
ANYTHING YOU WANT!
Do more of what makes you happy, you deserve it.
WHERE’S THE ONE WITH MOSES?!
OHMYGOD THE LAT ONE
She earned her stripes and they put her on the set